This peppermint foot cream is full of stress-relieving and skin-soothing goodness. It’s the perfect thing to do before bed so your feet are cool and tingly and you feel refreshed. These all-natural ingredients will heal and soften your tired and achy feet – just one of the 50 Amazing Uses for Peppermint Oil.
DIY Face Care
• 6-step face care routine
• All-natural ingredients
• Easy homemade recipes
Soothing Homemade Peppermint Foot Cream Recipe
Last weekend my family and I went to a river to swim in northern Vermont. The next day my sister-in-law and I were complaining about our heels and how the dirt from the river bed had settled in the cracks of our heels and it wouldn’t come clean. I wish I had brought some of this amazing peppermint foot cream with me so we could have used it to soothe our aching feet from walking on the rocks and heal up the cracks in our feet.
This peppermint foot cream recipe is a rich, thick cream that feels wonderful on tired, achy feet.
Peppermint oil is known for its cooling and calming abilities which makes it an amazing bedtime activity. Peppermint also activates the part of our brain responsible for our wake/sleep cycles.
As Dr. Bryan Raudenbush, a researcher and professor of psychology at Wheeling Jesuit University, explains, “The peppermint scent activates the area of our brain that puts us to sleep at night and wakes us up in the morning”
What is Peppermint Lotion Good For?
Peppermint oil relieves foot pain, rheumatism and muscle pains. It also improves circulation which helps with skin itching and reduces redness in the skin.
I love to use shea butter because it’s moisturizing and rich in vitamins A and E and doesn’t leave an oily residue on your skin. It’s also great for dry skin because it leaves skin soft.
Coconut oil is naturally anti-fungal and antibacterial, which makes it an excellent choice for a foot cream recipe.
Beeswax is amazing because it forms a protective barrier on the skin that helps protect it from environmental effects while holding in the moisture.
Peppermint Foot Cream Recipe
- ¼ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 TBSP beeswax
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- Set a quart-size mason jar inside a small pan with 1 inch of water. Add the coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter to the jar.
- Melt slowly over medium heat, stirring occasionally. (You can do this in a microwave if you are crunched for time.)
- When melted, remove the jar from the pan and let the mixture cool until room temperature and slightly opaque. At this point, put into a medium bowl or into a blender.
- If in a bowl, use a hand blender or immersion blender on medium speed and start blending the oil mixture.
- Add the peppermint essential oil and whip until combined.
Put in the fridge for 15 minutes and re-blend to get body butter consistency.
- Store in fridge for best consistency (and a cooling lotion feel), or at room temperature for up to two months.
More Peppermint Oil Uses