Are you looking for a homemade bread recipe that is full of fall flavors? Look no further than this delicious Pumpkin Date Bread! This easy-to-make bread is soft, fluffy, and packed with the perfect combination of pumpkin and dates. Perfect for breakfast or a snack, it’s sure to be a hit in your home! Give it a try today and enjoy all that this homemade bread has to offer.
Nothing smells quite as wonderful as warm, freshly baked homemade Bread Recipes. Making it from scratch is both a rewarding and delicious experience that brings a sense of accomplishment and comfort to any kitchen. Whether you are writing your own recipe or using an old family favorite, it’s absolutely worth the effort!
Why is My Pumpkin Bread Tough?
If you’ve made pumpkin bread and it has come out too tough, there could be a few reasons why. Most often, this occurs when the recipe called for too much flour. When baking something like pumpkin bread which has a high moisture content, it is important to use the exact amount of flour, or a little less – too much means the loaf will turn out dry, dense and tough. If your loaf came out too hard and dense, try decreasing the amount of flour next time.
Additionally, overbaking the pumpkin bread can lead to an undesirably tough texture. Keep an eye on the timer and remove from oven in time! Finally, if you are making a vegan version of pumpkin bread, be sure to use oil that caters specifically to baking needs as some types may actually prevent gluten formation and create a denser dough. With just a few tweaks you can make your pumpkin bread nice and soft with that perfect crumb!
Try these Pumpkin Bread Recipes!
- Healthy Applesauce Pumpkin Spice Bread
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
What are the Health Benefits of Dates?
Dates are a great snack that offer some wonderful health benefits. They contain antioxidants and minerals like phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, which can help promote proper cellular functions. Dates also contain dietary fiber which helps to promote healthy digestion by keeping us feeling fuller for longer.
On top of that, dates are an excellent source of plant-based protein which affects the development and maintenance of our body’s muscles. So snack away on a few dates for a boost in nutrition and overall well-being!
Bread Making Essentials
KITESSENSU Bread Pan, Nonstick Loaf Pan with Easy Grips Handles, Carbon Steel Loaf Pans for Baking, Bread Pans for Homemade Bread, Brownies and Pound Cakes, Set of 2, GrayHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5COOK WITH COLOR Mixing Bowls – 4 Piece Nesting Plastic Mixing Bowl Set with Pour Spouts and Handles (Ombre Blue)2 Pack Heavy-Duty Cooking Rack, 10×16TILUCK Measuring Cups & Spoons Set, Stackable Cups and Spoons, Nesting Measure Cups with Stainless Steel Handle, Kitchen Gadgets for Cooking & Baking (5+5, black)
How Should You Store Pumpkin Date Bread?
Storing pumpkin date bread is easy and can help keep it fresh and delicious for longer. Keep the bread stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. This prevents the bread from drying out and becoming stale. Put the sealed container on a plate or tray to catch any crumbs or moisture that may escape during storage. If you aren’t able to eat the entire loaf within a few days, it’s best to freeze some for later.
You can store the sliced pieces of pumpkin date bread in an airtight plastic bag or sealed container, then remove pieces as needed throughout the month. A little bit of extra effort will ensure you get to enjoy every last delicious bite!
More Bread Recipes You’ll Love!
- Delectable Swedish Coffee Bread Recipe
- Homemade Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Holiday Wreath Bread Recipe
- Peppermint Bark Holiday Bread
Pumpkin Date Bread
This pumpkin date bread is soft, fluffy, and full of delicious fall flavors. It's perfect for breakfast or a snack, and it's easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Can Pumpkin Purée
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Fresh Dates, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat until smooth and well combined, 1 to 2 minutes. The batter will be thick. Using a large rubber spatula, fold in the dates just until evenly distributed, no more than a few strokes. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the top is browned and crusty and develops a long center crack, 60 to 70 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf should come out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Unmold the loaf onto the rack and let cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature, cut into thick slices. Makes one 9-by-5-inch loaf.
Leave a Reply