I have been struggling with my skin since I can remember, and getting older hasn’t helped any. This is why I research herbs and plants so much so I can try to heal my acne-prone skin without using chemicals. It seems that what companies think work really just doesn’t do anything for me except put unnecessary chemicals on my face. I love this homemade moisturizer recipe because it uses aloe vera. Read on to find out why aloe vera and the other ingredients are so awesome for your face.
Homemade Moisturizer Recipe
Okay, this is a recipe that includes pots and pans and cleaning up afterward. If you are looking for a quick fix, try this recipe below. Just add the ingredients to a lotion bottle like this and shake and apply. So easy! But maybe not as healing as the more-involved recipe below. It all depends on your skin type. Some are blessed with beautiful skin! Unfortunately, I am not one of them. Sigh.
Quick Homemade Moisturizer Recipe
This recipe is so super simple! Just add all the ingredients to a measuring or mixing bowl and stir. Fractionated coconut oil should be liquid – if not, simply place container itself in a bowl of hot water to melt.
Homemade Moisturizer Recipe with Aloe Vera
- Melt the beeswax and coconut oil in the almond oil in a microwave-safe bowl
- Pour the melted oils into blender and let sit for an hour until it is cool
- Mix the essential oil into your cup of Aloe Vera Gel
- Add the aloe vera mixture into the blender
- Blend on low-medium and scrape sides and bottom as needed to obtain a smooth mixture
- Voila! Your homemade moisturizer ready to use!
- Add to a small mason jar or other container for safe-keeping
- Store in a cool, dark drawer or cabinet
- Discard when it starts to smell funky