Some Tea Tree Oil Shampoo Benefits are that it is soothing and reduces feelings of discomfort, to help calm and moisturize dry scalp. There are many tea tree oil uses, one big one is that it helps ease itchy scalp.
Tea tree oil is an essential oil derived from the leaves of the tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) which for years has been used in folk medicine like in cleaning wounds and treating various fungal and bacterial infections. Today, tea tree oil is a common ingredient in shampoos and soaps for its enormous benefits to the hair, skin and sensitive scalp. It is a perfect remedy for minor fungal infections that are often responsible for hair loss, itchiness and scalp dandruff.
Using small amounts of diluted tea tree oil down the shaft of the hair will help prevent buildup of chemicals and dead skin. This keeps your hair healthy and moisturized, which can help it grow at its normal rate and prevent it from falling out. Tea tree oil may also help sooth inflammation caused by scratching and psoriasis
Do You Need Help Living Your Best Life?
Daily, weekly and monthly planners that will help you keep on track! Inspiration for a healthy mind, body and soul with quotes, healthy meals and more!
Does tea tree shampoo help hair grow?
Tea tree oil shampoos possess antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties. These properties enable tea tree enriched shampoos deal with a number of scalp-related issues and various hair conditions. This in turn allows and stimulates hair growth ensuring that it stays healthy. Tea tree oil may also stimulate hair growth by removing dead cells from hair follicles.
What are the benefits of tea tree oil shampoo?
A tea tree oil hair shampoo is quite effective and presents huge benefits. These may include:
- Moisturizing the scalp: Tea tree oil is very useful in treating hair dryness. Having tea tree oil as an ingredient in a shampoo help prevent buildup of chemicals and dead skin. It provides your hair with a healthy amount of nutrients preventing your hair from becoming dry and brittle. This keeps your hair healthy and moisturized, which can help it grow at its normal rate and prevent it from falling out
- Helps in Unclogging hair follicles: The scalp has follicles, the minute openings that are responsible for the growth of hair. Tea tree oil helps unclog your hair follicles by removing pollutants which are present in the atmosphere and nourish your hair roots giving you a rejuvenated scalp. It is quite helpful in preventing hair loss due to improper cleaning of hair follicles leading to clogging of dirt and impurities.
- Reduces dandruff: Oily, irritated skin, bad hair hygiene and skin conditions like contact dermatitis, or fungal infections can result in dandruff. The anti-fungal action of tea tree oil helps in removing dandruff without causing any dryness. By acting as a natural conditioner, it soothes the scalp and prevents flakiness.
- It’s a perfect hair strengthener: Tea tree oil can help hair grow longer and thicker. It improves blood circulation and removes all toxins from the scalp, paving way for healthy hair growth. It also stimulates the dormant hair follicles and brings them to life. It prepares the hair and scalp to absorb nutrients efficiently, which helps in hair growth. This leaves you with a refreshing feeling, fungi and bacteria free scalp.
- Helps in managing an oily scalp: Tea tree oil controls excess oil production by the sebaceous glands maintaining a good pH of the scalp, removes excess oil and keep the scalp healthy.
The most popular benefits of tea tree oil shampoo include the treatment of lice, dermatitis, and dandruff.OrganicFacts.com
How often can you use tea tree shampoo?
Tea tree oil can be used on any type of hair, no matter what style, texture or length. Since the oil can cause allergies in some people, try doing a patch test first before applying it to your scalp or hair. One can use a tea tree shampoo daily, or simply work it into your shower routine every day to get the best results.
How many drops of tea tree oil do I add to shampoo?
- To treat dry scalp and dandruff simply add around 8-10 drops of tea tree oil for every 250 ml to your shampoo.
- For itchy scalp, mix 8-10 drops of tea tree oil with 1-2 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil. Apply onto scalp and massage well.
- To help hair grow longer and thicker, take about 2-5 drops of tea tree oil for every teaspoon of carrier oil like olive, almond, or coconut oil. Mix well and massage into the scalp.
- To treat head lice, mix three tablespoons of coconut oil with a teaspoon each of tea tree oil and ylang ylang oil. Alternatively, mix about 8-10 drops of tea tree oil in 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil or olive oil. Apply the mixture all over your scalp and massage it in thoroughly
A tee tree oil shampoo is a great natural remedy for keeping your scalp free of irritation. Ensure to use high-quality products that contain pure tea tree oil. With a few weeks of use, expect incredible results!
I love Rocky Mountain Oils because of their quality 100% pure essential oils that require no minimum purchase and always gives FREE shipping! Plus they always have specials going on!
Rocky Mountain Oils’ essential oils are verified by a third-party, independent lab. GC/MS tests verify purity and quality of the oils sold so you can look at the bottom of the bottle to find your individual batch code and then input that number into our website to pull up the GC/MS test results.
Rocky Mountain Products can be returned for any reason, even if opened, for up to 90 days. RMO also pays for our customers’ return shipping expenses to make our ordering process completely risk-free.
RMO includes three different icons for recommended use on each bottle for easy reference: Diffuse, Topical Application and Household. So you can look at the bottle and know in what way it’s intended for use.