Clutter is never fun to deal with. However, as humans, we seem to build up clutter with no problem. Something you can remember is what NOT to buy when it comes down to clutter. If you’re sick and tired of things cluttering up your home, here are 15 things to stop buying.
15 Things to Stop Buying to Declutter Your House
- Stop buying shoes – Most humans only need 1-2 pairs of shoes, stop buying shoes and letting them sit there.
- Excess clothing – When your drawers are full and there’s nowhere to hang anything, it’s time to stop buying clothes.
- Appliances – Your countertops are full, you no longer need one more appliance.
- More toys than your kids can play with – Kids can entertain themselves, stop buying toys and watch that clutter go away.
- Behave yourself at the dollar store – Everyone loves the dollar store, but it can add clutter to your home quickly. Only buy what you need.
- Organizational items – Organizing items are great if you actually organize, otherwise it just adds clutter to your home.
- Blankets and throws – How many blankets do you already have in your house? Keep this in mind!
- Cups, plates, and other dishes – Keeping an excess amount of dishes in your cabinets is only going to create extra clutter.
- Craft supplies – If you buy craft supplies and actually use it, good for you. However, those of you who just like buying and not using, you’re only cluttering up your home.
- Electronics galore – Computers, televisions, iPads, tablets, phones, and video games clutter our homes.
- Gidgets and gadgets – We all love things that make our lives easier, but how many of those items do you truly need? Maybe it’s time to stop watching late night television and ordering every item you see.
- Paper products – Paper cups, plates, and plastic silverware are great for usage, but how much do you need? Remember these items are going straight to the landfill.
- Fridge clutter – Those magnets, pictures, and everything else on your fridge have got to go. Display a few, but don’t keep buying magnets to support your fridge clutter.
- Fast food – Hear me out, you can buy fast food, but stop letting the clutter accumulate in your car. Fast food packages is one of the greatest causes of clutter.
- Collecting samples – Samples are great, but when they start collecting in your house and causing clutter, we have a problem.
Remember that these 15 things are okay to buy, it’s when you start buying in excess that it clutters your home. What do you need to stop buying in order to stop the clutter?