There are many essential oils that are effective in repelling wasps and other insects, which keeps our families and pets safe from toxic chemicals. This Essential Oil Wasp Repellent Candle will help keep wasps, mosquitos and other bugs away from your family.
Essential Oil Wasp Repellent Candle
It’s so nice being outside this time of year, especially in New England when our summers tend to be very short. But one problem is the bugs that come around the minute we step outside!
I try to spray Natural Homemade Insect Repellent on my kids when they are spending time outside but who wants to do that when you are just sitting outside to read or eat on the deck?
Wasps are very common everywhere in the world and they are attracted to food and drinks and smells that are all around in the summertime. Learn the best Natural Wasp Repellent Tips to keep them away without harming them or our delicate ecosystem!
WHY DO WASPS STING?
Wasps sting to defend themselves. If a female wasp feels her home is under attack or threatened she will protect the wasp nest and sting. Wasps also simply get annoyed. The constant waving of arms and newspapers while trying to get rid of a wasp can make it very annoyed and feel threatened.
Why Use wasp repellent instead of wasp killer?
Wasps are beneficial to get rid of other crop-killing insects so farmers actually prefer not to kill the wasps. That’s why natural wasp repellent is crucial.
They protect our crops, make ecosystems thrive, sustain fruit and flowers, and help us fight disease – they may be a nuisance on a sunny afternoon – but a world without wasps would be an ecological and economic disaster.
This Essential Oil Wasp Repellent Candle are so easy to light when needed and extinguish when you go back inside! They are so pretty and you can use any herbs you like, but for wasps, the The Best Wasp Repellent Plants are rosemary and thyme so I used those.
I also added some Bug Off! essential oil as an extra insurance that this wasp repellent candle would be good and smelly, in the best sense.
Are you a green thumb? I am not but I always try to grow some herbs on my deck in containers. I’ve had luck with basil before my cats ate it all!
Here is a great list of herbs to grow that will also help repel the bugs.
- Mint, Rosemary, lemon thyme – repels mosquitos
- Bay Leaves- repels flies
- Lavender- repels moths, fleas, mosquitos
- Basil- repels flies and mosquitos
More essential oil and bug repellent information!
Essential Oil Wasp Repellent for Your Diffuser
Homemade Tick Repellent Recipe
Natural Homemade Insect Repellent
Amazing Homemade Wasp Repellent Recipe
The Best Wasp Repellent Plants
If you are a jar hoarder like me, you can use your recycled jars for your candles! I can’t resist saving jars to store my legumes and flours to keep away pantry bugs.
Essential Oil Wasp Repellent Candle
I pressed my herbs in a heavy book before using and attached them to the sides of the jars using wax. If the herbs are in the middle of the jar they will burn.
1 lb soy wax (can also use 1/2 soy and 1/2 beeswax!)
#2 medium candle wick with metal tabs
Essential oils like cedarwood, citronella, lavender, thyme, rosemary, eucalyptus and geranium
Pressed rosemary and thyme sprigs
- Cut the rosemary and thyme sprigs so they are below the rim of jar or where you are filling your wax.
- If you are already using pressed herbs, you only will need between 100-150 drops of essential oil per pound of wax.
- I used a real double boiler, but you can create your own using a saucepan with 1-2″ of water and a metal container sitting in it to melt the wax. Once some of the wax melts, use it to attach the herbs to the sides of the jars.
- Allow the wax to melt completely, then pour into your jars. I wrapped my wick around a pencil and let it sit on top of the jar to keep it centered.
- Make sure to poke a few holes in the sides when the wax is melting using a pin or needle to let the air escape or the wax on top may crack! That happened to me. Ugh
Where Can I Get Essential Oils?
Do you like to make homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love making things to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business – if you want! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you.
Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 1948529
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. I love the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too and it lasts FOREVER! Ok not forever but so much longer than store-bought products. And it smells so good.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions. The SS# is only in the event you sell any oils. You may not think you will, but once you tell people about how you are using them and they purchase some with your link, you make money.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Let me know if you have any questions! Your awesome free stuff will be sent to you within 2-4 weeks! Email me at fivespot14 @ gmail.com.