Comforting Vegetarian Red Lentil Chili Recipe
This easy slow cooker vegetarian chili is one of the best comfort foods to eat on the regular. It's loaded with nutrients and lacking in fat!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours
Total Time 5 hours 15 minutes
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 can 14-15 oz tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can small red beans
- 1 cup corn fresh, canned, or frozen
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
First chop your veggies and add to pot. Then add beans, sauce, salsa and seasonings.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours, until dried lentils are cooked through and veggies are tender.
Feel free to add some 1/2 and 1/2 to the soup once it's cooked, or simply add sour cream to your serving! We also eat it with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.